Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recover Apple Watch Notification

Last night I left my phone open while I was asleep and I woke up this morning to a reoccurring “Recover Apple Watch- There’s a problem with this Apple Watch that requires it to be updated or restored.” But I have never owned an Apple Watch, so I assume someone was trying to pair to my phone in the night. I did a hard iPhone reset, reset my website data, changed my iCloud password, made sure no new devices were connected, and reset Bluetooth and wifi. Still the notification pops up. What should I do?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on May 6, 2022 8:39 PM

1 reply

May 8, 2022 7:22 AM in response to rusty_plum87

Hello rusty_plum87,

Thanks for your post to Apple Support Communities. We understand you have an odd notification on your iPhone and that you do not use an Apple Watch.

Just for information purposes, a notification like this will show if an Apple Watch is going through the pairing or restoring process and is within a certain distance to an iPhone. It may not have needed any direct intervention with your iPhone (other than being near) to have this notification show. We'll include our main resource for the Apple Watch end, so you have that as additional information.

If your Apple Watch shows an iPhone and a watch or a red “!” - Apple Support

Since you are not aware of any Apple Watch near your iPhone and the notification won't clear, we'd next recommend reaching out to our support teams directly. You can reach them here:

Apple Support

You can also find our phone number for your region at this link:

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

All the best.

Recover Apple Watch Notification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.