Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad AirDrop Cache

Hello,

I recently airdropped a somewhat large file (.mcworld [for Minecraft, about 2-3GB) onto my iPad (8th Gen) from my MacBook Pro 13 (M1), waited for it to ‘airdrop’ onto my iPad and clicked open with “Minecraft.” I only had a little bit more storage than the file was before airdropping, the file started importing but as I did not have enough storage and importing creates another copy for use, the import failed.

I decided to just copy and paste the file itself straight into the folder instead of importing it. I turned it into a zip and unzipped it on my Mac and airdrop it again but it kept saying the airdrop was cancelled so I decided to check the iPad Storage in settings. The storage was full. The previous file i airdropped took up the space and it was nowhere to be found to delete. I suspected it was cached or put somewhere inaccessible from files app or the user. How can I delete the file or cache? This has happened a couple of times before.

Thanks,

Brandon

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on May 7, 2022 2:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2022 7:57 PM

Well I solved it… mostly, I plugged my iPad into my Mac and found a hidden folder in Minecraft and deleted it. Bye!

Similar questions

1 reply

iPad AirDrop Cache

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.