Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Auto select search bar

Hi. Whenever I open a new tab, it automatically selects the search bar for me and I can start typing without having to drag my mouse up there to click on the search bar.

Today when I opened up Safari, it didn't do the thing. Is there a way to change it back?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 7, 2022 7:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2022 7:35 AM

0rangez wrote:

Hi. Whenever I open a new tab, it automatically selects the search bar for me and I can start typing without having to drag my mouse up there to click on the search bar.

Today when I opened up Safari, it didn't do the thing. Is there a way to change it back?

?

Try quitting Safari and when you relaunch it hold the Shift key down

Safari User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2022 7:35 AM in response to 0rangez

0rangez wrote:

?

Try quitting Safari and when you relaunch it hold the Shift key down

Safari User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Auto select search bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.