Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I received an alert that my iphone been hacked

Please help me. I received a message that my iPhone has been hacked and asked me to install an app which I did but I have also removed the app almost immediately. I am scared right now and hope I am not vulnerable. Please help!

Posted on May 7, 2022 8:36 AM

2 replies

May 7, 2022 8:39 AM in response to ochuko112

As you figured out the message was a scam, your phone was not hacked, until you installed the app. To be really safe you should restore your phone to factory settings, then restore a backup made before this incident. If you paid a subscription fee for the app cancel it and request a refund. Here is a one-stop link for billing questions→Subscriptions and Billing - Official Apple Support. You can review your purchase history to see what you were charged for, cancel subscriptions and request refunds.

And to protect others in the future go to the App Store, find the app, and tap Report a Problem.

I received an alert that my iphone been hacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.