Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In 2021 Word for Mac Home Office, the custom margins in Layout do not work.

In 2021 Word for Mac Home Office, the Custom Margins in Layout do not respond. My mac is macOS Monterery Version 12.3. What is the solution?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 7, 2022 1:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2022 1:39 PM

I've never had an issue with margins with the current version of Word and Monterey but you may want to also check the Microsoft Word for Mac forum: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_word-msoffice_OfH-mso_OPMac?sort=LastReplyDate&dir=Desc&tab=All&status=all&mod=&modAge=&advFil=&postedAfter=&postedBefore=&threadType=all&isFilterExpanded=false&page=1

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2022 8:06 AM in response to ABC123_888

Solution found! Microsoft helped me to figure out that my new mac computer was NOT hooked up to a printer yet. So that is why the margin-related tabs/dialog boxes would not open. The Microsoft technician, a wonder, patient person named Justina in Nigeria helped me to go into my Printer Setup dialog and reset everything. This worked. So now, even though I don't have an actual printer plugged into my Mac computer, I can access the custom margins and Format/Document tabs to work on my margins. This took 3 hours Microsoft to figure out!

In 2021 Word for Mac Home Office, the custom margins in Layout do not work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.