Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to use my PayPal account for my Apple ID. I’ve been using it without issue up until I tried to make a purchase today.

I am unable to use my PayPal account for my Apple ID. I’ve been using it without issue up until I tried to make a purchase using it today. I opened a case via PayPal with Apple over a wrong amount charge to my account, and the case is still open. I believe that opening this case has somehow barred me from using my PayPal account with my Apple ID, as when I attempt to re-add my PayPal information to my account, I receive the following error message: “This payment method can’t be used with the iTunes store. Try again using another payment method.” As I mentioned, my PayPal account was working just fine with my Apple ID up until the case was opened. Is it possible to lift this ban from using my account with my Apple ID, or do I need to wait until the case closes? Thank you for your time.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on May 7, 2022 1:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2022 5:50 PM

We are mostly users like you, not Apple employees, so we don't have access to your data information.

Contact iTunes Support for assistance. See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.   

iTunes Support – world wide   -

Apple Support schedule phone call     -

Billings and Subscriptions   -

Apple on Twitter

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2022 5:50 PM in response to pierson99

We are mostly users like you, not Apple employees, so we don't have access to your data information.

Contact iTunes Support for assistance. See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.   

iTunes Support – world wide   -

Apple Support schedule phone call     -

Billings and Subscriptions   -

Apple on Twitter

I am unable to use my PayPal account for my Apple ID. I’ve been using it without issue up until I tried to make a purchase today.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.