Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Volume on Apple Maps Nav while using Car Play

So my volume while navigating on Apple Maps is so low that it is useful. It is fine if using with Bluetooth and navigating without CarPlay, but with CarPlay it is so soft so as to be almost useless. I can’t adjust the volume on the phone using the up button on the phone and turning up the volume on the car only makes the sound on the car louder but not the Nav. I have read numerous threads with nothing helpful to address it. I have an iPhone 11Pro running 15.4.1. No new updates are available. What do I do?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on May 7, 2022 3:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2022 12:45 PM

After going through all your suggestions with no luck, my car was going to the dealership for a new windshield so I had them look at it. It turns out it is a setting in the Subaru system. Now I can hear it well. Thank you for your suggestions.

2 replies

May 8, 2022 1:47 PM in response to Jbeesa

Hi Jbeesa,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today.

Are we understanding correctly that you are connecting to CarPlay with a cable? Have you tried a new cable as suggested here: If you need help with CarPlay?

We'd also advise the following from the article:

Restart your iPhone and your car. 
Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car. Then set up CarPlay again.
Make sure that your CarPlay stereo is using the latest firmware from the car manufacturer. Check your car's manual for more information.

If the issue continues, do you have a way to test with another CarPlay enabled vehicle to isolate the issue further?

Let us know.

Have a fantastic day!

Volume on Apple Maps Nav while using Car Play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.