Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Controlling the volume in car when using CarPlay

I enjoy using CarPlay mostly for map directions using the Apple Map app on my iPhone 12. But, I am not able to adjust the volume of the audio from the app giving directions. It is almost impossible to hear the directions. Adjusting the audio volume using he volume controls in the car makes no difference and adjusting the volume on my iPhone also makes no difference. I must be missing something! Can anyone help?

iPhone 12

Posted on Aug 13, 2022 11:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 2:03 PM

Thanks for reaching out, valpoMac37.

It sounds like you're having some trouble with the volume of Maps when in your car. We can help.

Depending on what is the current active audio, your car stereo's volume should adjust the volume of the app. For example, if you change the volume while music is playing, the music volume is changed. If you change the volume while navigation instructions are playing, the volume for those is changed.

Give that a try and see if there is any change.

Take care.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2022 2:03 PM in response to valpoMac37

Thanks for reaching out, valpoMac37.

It sounds like you're having some trouble with the volume of Maps when in your car. We can help.

Depending on what is the current active audio, your car stereo's volume should adjust the volume of the app. For example, if you change the volume while music is playing, the music volume is changed. If you change the volume while navigation instructions are playing, the volume for those is changed.

Give that a try and see if there is any change.

Take care.

Controlling the volume in car when using CarPlay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.