Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Volume controls in Apple Maps while using CarPlay with iOS 16

Before iOS 16, under Settings / Maps, there was a Navigation & Guidance control, which allowed you to adjust the volume of the CarPlay Apple Maps voice.

I can’t find these controls in iOS 16.

I’m trying to figure out why I can hear Apple Maps instructions from my iPhone 14 Pro (iOS 16.01) in our 2020 Prius Prime via CarPlay, but my wife’s iPhone 13 Pro (iOS 16) has no audible instructions when she uses her phone with CarPlay. The navigation display does connects to her phone via CarPlay and Apple Maps does display on the car’s display, there just aren’t any auditory instructions.

There is no firmware/software update available for the navigations system on a Prius Prime 2020.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Sep 21, 2022 10:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2022 3:39 PM

Finally, I stumbled on the answer.

In Apple Maps on the iPhone, when you enter your destination and select GO, the map appears. On the extreme right side of the map there is a volume symbol. Press it. There are 3 options:

My wife’s phone had the volume symbol with the explanation mark, not the regular volume symbol. Sigh. I spent so much time before finding the simple fix. You won’t hear sound via CarPlay unless the top option is selected.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2022 3:39 PM in response to Dennis Hagen

Finally, I stumbled on the answer.

In Apple Maps on the iPhone, when you enter your destination and select GO, the map appears. On the extreme right side of the map there is a volume symbol. Press it. There are 3 options:

My wife’s phone had the volume symbol with the explanation mark, not the regular volume symbol. Sigh. I spent so much time before finding the simple fix. You won’t hear sound via CarPlay unless the top option is selected.

Volume controls in Apple Maps while using CarPlay with iOS 16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.