Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transitions Wont Apply To Connected Clips

Whenever I try to add a transitions such as "crossfade" or "fade to color" to any clip that is connected to the primary storyline it will no longer take. I didn't have this issue before I updated to the newest version of Final Cut Pro 10.6.2. But ever since I've updated the software no transitions will work on any connected clip, title, or generator. I've tried closing out FCPX and restarting my computer. And nothing changed. Any ideas on what changed?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 7, 2022 3:59 PM

4 replies

May 8, 2022 4:48 AM in response to AnaiaJ

I don't know who "they" are, but you should always be carefully about updating, especially applications like FCP where users often rely on third party plugins. Be especially carefully of upgrading to new versions of the OS, test thoroughly on a separate drive before committing working systems to it. Make sure all auto updaters are switched off in the App Store and in Software Update.

Transitions Wont Apply To Connected Clips

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.