Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Transition issues show black background and dont seemlessly connect to the next scene

Hey guys, I am a new user to Final Cut Pro X and have been learning how to use it mainly from Youtube. I am officially stuck, and I can't seem to find any resources to help me with a transitions issue. When I load a transition on between 2 scenes, they do not interact smoothly/seamlessly. It has a black background in between the interaction which looks very ugly and doesn't blur the 2 scenes together flawlessly. The only way I can describe it is it looks more like a powerpoint slide show where it has a black default background as the pages move (if that makes sense). This is the case for ANY transition I use.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Brad

Posted on May 19, 2023 8:36 AM

11 replies

May 19, 2023 8:43 AM in response to Brad_Merry

As a beginner, you can benefit greatly from these two great teachers, Steve Martin and Izzy.

These videos are free and of high quality. The problem with youtube is that there are all sorts of video, of good and not so good quality.

By following these two, you will quickly learn the basics and avoid many potential headaches.

Learn FCP in Under 60 Minutes - YouTube

Final Cut Pro Tutorial | Izzy Video

May 19, 2023 9:02 AM in response to Brad_Merry

These are third party transitions that I am not familiar with.

There could be something with those transitions, perhaps in conjunction with vertical video.

What is the source of these transitions? Are they free or paid? If they offer a trial version I would not mind testing.

Does the same happen with a built-in transition like Cross Dissolve?

May 19, 2023 9:27 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Thank you, I will see if Envato can provide more information on this.

Something slightly different if I may, as you seem rather helpful.. I am also having issues installing titles. In the finder, under movies, it only had a transitions folder by default. Upon researching I saw I could manually create titles, effects, etc folders in this space if they were missing. I downloaded some titles and added it into the title folder (again inside movies on finder), quit FCPX to start again, and none of the titles are showing. Have I done something wrong?

Transition issues show black background and dont seemlessly connect to the next scene

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.