Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After updating my iPhone, on my Apple ID it says iPhone (3) instead of (2)

When I look at my Apple ID on my phone it says iphone(3). It said iphone(2) before today. Am I hacked or gas this to do with updates? Just updated last night.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro Max, 15

Posted on May 8, 2022 5:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2022 6:28 AM

I doubt you are hacked, but check your device list to see if there is a device signed in that you don't recognize. You can remove the device using the steps in the article below. As a precaution, change your password.

Apple ID device list -Check to see where you‘re signed in.   * 

Apple ID Password Change.   -  

ASC YouTube for How to reset your Apple ID password

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support  -   I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2022 6:28 AM in response to Pml4970

I doubt you are hacked, but check your device list to see if there is a device signed in that you don't recognize. You can remove the device using the steps in the article below. As a precaution, change your password.

Apple ID device list -Check to see where you‘re signed in.   * 

Apple ID Password Change.   -  

ASC YouTube for How to reset your Apple ID password

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support  -   I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

After updating my iPhone, on my Apple ID it says iPhone (3) instead of (2)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.