Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have the oldest macbook air and can't really do anything on it. how do i install the newest macbook download (so it looks like the newest one) on my old macbook?

how do i install the newest macbook download (so it looks like the newest one) on my old macbook?

Posted on May 8, 2022 3:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2022 3:25 PM

he current macOS Monterey can only be installed on 2015 or later MacBook Air models. See: How to upgrade to macOS Monterey - Apple Support

What is the model year of your MacBook Air and what operating system is currently installed? Both are available at Apple menu > About this Mac. The original (2008) MacBook Air cannot be upgraded beyond Lion 10.7.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2022 3:25 PM in response to gabeye_

he current macOS Monterey can only be installed on 2015 or later MacBook Air models. See: How to upgrade to macOS Monterey - Apple Support

What is the model year of your MacBook Air and what operating system is currently installed? Both are available at Apple menu > About this Mac. The original (2008) MacBook Air cannot be upgraded beyond Lion 10.7.

i have the oldest macbook air and can't really do anything on it. how do i install the newest macbook download (so it looks like the newest one) on my old macbook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.