Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Attempted fraud

Interesting. I just got an E-mail message that is four or five times longer than what I am attaching. What do you suggest I do with it?

Suspicious message:

Posted on May 8, 2022 6:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2022 11:27 PM

if it was me then I would delete it

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

4 replies

May 11, 2022 10:26 AM in response to Niku

There is no picture of your suspected fraud.

My personnal recommandation:

• if the e-mail is made of HTML ( i.e. the format used to make web pages, not normal e-mail ),
  • if the complete sender address ( made of 2 parts : official name <bob@domain.com> ) doesn't show between '<' and '>' the e-mail of someone you know,
  • if the subject smells like curiosity provoking to push you to open it, for example: "Your receipe", "Your account will be closed", "Security warning"…

then, destroy it.

If you are using an e-mail application which take into account what you mark as SPAM,

then, mark this e-mail as SPAM, and it should immediatly jump into your special SPAM mailbox, and will be destroyed automatically.

May 9, 2022 5:56 PM in response to Niku

Try not to open any messages with attachments from users you don't recognize.

Look carefully in your Downloads folder for any files you don't recognize, and trash them before running them.

Open attachments only from verified senders who you know are sending you attachments at the time you requested them.

May 12, 2022 3:11 AM in response to Zorba_le_grec

Thank you. This is the first answer that is close to what I had been hoping for. I was planning to report it to the appropriate authorities, but I somehow lost the message. Once before, I had a message that I was going to refer to the FBI, but I was never able to contact them. Fortunately, it was. not a matter of national security.

Attempted fraud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.