Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone hotspot not appearing on devices

I've updated to the newest iOS already. It is not my first time connecting to hotspot ever since I got iPhone or updated to the new iOS. But it is so hard for the hotspot to appear on devices connection. I have to restart 1 or both devices or reset network EACH TIME.

Posted on May 8, 2022 6:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2022 6:24 PM

Thanks but this is the same solution that I see everywhere and trust me, I've tried every single one of them and I can't possible be spending 30 mins each time just to use my hotspot. Sometimes all of them doesn't even work.

3 replies

May 9, 2022 1:06 PM in response to Heiki81

Hello Heiki81,

To help resolve issues with your hotspot, we recommend using the steps below first:

"Try connecting again after each step.

1. Check that Personal Hotspot is turned on in Settings > Personal Hotspot. If you can't find or turn on Personal Hotspot, check that your wireless carrier enabled it and that your wireless plan supports it.
  2. Restart the iPhone or iPad that provides Personal Hotspot and the other device that needs to connect to Personal Hotspot. 
  3. Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
  4. On the iPhone or iPad that provides Personal Hotspot, go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset, then tap Reset Network Settings."

Continue with the steps under "If you can't connect to Personal Hotspot with Wi-Fi" in the resource below:

If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular) - Apple Support

All the best.

May 10, 2022 6:29 AM in response to Heiki81

Thanks for getting back to us, Heiki81. It's appreciated.

We have a couple of more steps to try:

If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular) - Apple Support -- If you're using an iPhone 12 or later, try turning on "Maximize Compatibility” under Settings > Personal Hotspot. Also, make sure the device you’re connecting with is also fully up to date.

Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support -- If there's a carrier update for your iPhone, follow these steps to update the carrier settings.

Once those steps have been performed, see if Personal Hotspot working as expected.

Get Support -- If the issue persists, please contact Apple Support for further help.

All the best.

iPhone hotspot not appearing on devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.