Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Passwords

I have a 2020 MacBook Pro That requires a password to enable Touch ID I've forgotten this password and my MacBook Pro is now locked and un useable. What can I do to unlock it and reset this password that I've forgotten?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on May 8, 2022 8:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2022 8:29 PM

PinkyDog1949 Said:

"Passwords: I have a 2020 MacBook Pro That requires a password to enable Touch ID I've forgotten this password and my MacBook Pro is now locked and un useable. What can I do to unlock it and reset this password that I've forgotten? "

-------

Resetting your Mac Login Password:

Reset it using the login screen. You'd go through your Apple ID to perform this. Find out more here: If you Forgot your Mac Login Password - Apple Support. Make sue that caps lock is not enabled when typing it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2022 8:29 PM in response to PinkyDog1949

PinkyDog1949 Said:

"Passwords: I have a 2020 MacBook Pro That requires a password to enable Touch ID I've forgotten this password and my MacBook Pro is now locked and un useable. What can I do to unlock it and reset this password that I've forgotten? "

-------

Resetting your Mac Login Password:

Reset it using the login screen. You'd go through your Apple ID to perform this. Find out more here: If you Forgot your Mac Login Password - Apple Support. Make sue that caps lock is not enabled when typing it.

Passwords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.