Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wake up alarm on watch only

Ever since the new update to the bedtime and sleep features on the iPhone, my wake up alarm has only been vibrating my wrist but not playing noise on my iPhone. 

I like to wear my Apple Watch to bed to track my sleep but I would still like the alarm to play noise on my iPhone because the vibration on my watch just isn’t enough to wake me up. 

BTW. this was a problem in 2018 and now again!

iPhone 11 Pro

IOS 15.4.1

Posted on May 9, 2022 1:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2022 8:27 AM

If you're using the Sleep Tracking, the alarm will only fire on your watch unless it's locked. So, what you can do is put your phone down then put your watch on (if you've been charging it) or take it off and put it back on and don't pick up the phone again (as you can have it set to unlock your watch). As long as you don't unlock the watch, the alarm will sound on the phone in the morning.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2022 8:27 AM in response to OldDave58

If you're using the Sleep Tracking, the alarm will only fire on your watch unless it's locked. So, what you can do is put your phone down then put your watch on (if you've been charging it) or take it off and put it back on and don't pick up the phone again (as you can have it set to unlock your watch). As long as you don't unlock the watch, the alarm will sound on the phone in the morning.

May 10, 2022 8:02 AM in response to OldDave58

Hello OldDave58.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. Let's check the audio settings on your Apple Watch first: Change the audio and notification settings on your Apple Watch

Next:

"If you have an alarm that doesn't sound or is too quiet, or if your iPhone only vibrates, check the following:

• Set the volume on your iPhone. If your alarm volume is too low or too loud, press the volume button up or down to adjust it. You can also go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics and drag the slider under Ringer and Alerts.
  • If your alarm only vibrates, make sure that your alarm sound isn't set to None. Open the Clock app, tap the Alarm tab, then tap Edit. Tap the alarm, then tap Sound and choose a Sound.
  • If you connect headphones to your iPhone, the alarm plays at a set volume through the built-in speakers on your iPhone as well as wired and wireless headphones.

Manually adjusting the time on your iPhone in Settings to change app behavior, like game timers, isn't recommended and can affect alarms."

How to set and change alarms on your iPhone

Cheers.

Wake up alarm on watch only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.