Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX moving one project from one library to another

I started a project under the wrong library.

Is it possible to move a project from one library to another? I don't have a problem with moving all the files, but I'd rather no redo an entire project. I was hoping there was a shortcut for fixing this problem.

Thank you.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 9, 2022 3:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2022 3:57 AM

You can drag the project from one library to the other, but I think that the recommended procedure is this:

1) make a new event in the original library, and move or copy the project to this new event

2) copy this event to the desired library

Similar questions

4 replies

May 9, 2022 4:11 AM in response to Metamech

I forgot to add: you don't have to move the media manually.

When you drag an event from one library to another, you get a dialog like this:

The options to choose depend on how your media is organized. If the media is external, you don't need to copy anything.

If the media is inside the library, choose to copy the media. If the two libraries are on the same drive, this does not actually duplicate the media (FCP will use hard links instead).

FCPX moving one project from one library to another

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.