Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

download iphoto first time

I used Iphoto on my previous Macbook air, but the one I use now apparently only has 'photo's'. I would like to download Iphoto on this MB air as well. Tried to install the latest update, but than get a message I should get Iphoto 9.1 or higher first. Figures, as an update only works if there is something to update I guess. But..... can't find the 'original' Iphoto software. What I see results in the same message: get Iphoto 9.1 or higher first. Anyone? How do I proceed?

Kind regards

Manon (🇾🇪)

iPad Air, iOS 9

Posted on May 9, 2022 5:40 AM

3 replies

May 9, 2022 6:21 AM in response to manonvkester

Apple has removed iPhoto from the AppStore in 2015. On macOS 10.10.3 or later you can only run iPhoto 9.6.1. It will run on any Mac with macOS 10.10.3 to macOS 10.14. You could simply copy the iPhoto app from your old Mac to the new Mac, if the system on the new Mac is macOS 10.14 or an earlier version. Or download it from the AppStore from your list of previous purchases. But you cannot run a full version of iPhoto on Macs with a newer system version, as Keith already pointed out. Photos can open the iPhoto Libraries, so you still can access your photos.

download iphoto first time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.