Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Possible hack ?

I received an email saying my purchase order has been comfirmed and my money would be taken out after delivered. 531$ something dollars. Clearly I clicked on the pdf. I didn’t order anything and wanted to make sure it wasn’t mine . My boyfriend says it may have been a hack. I didn’t give them any information but I clicked on the pdf and opened it and they have my number. Anyway you could help make sure I have nothing in my phone? I’ve already have money taken/stolen so I don’t need that again. Anyway I could receive some help. Please and thank you. Thank you for your time.

Kaylee

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on May 9, 2022 8:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2022 8:29 AM

Not a hack. There is no known method of remotely hacking an iPhone. More likely just a scam message trying to get your details. Delete the message and ignore it.

If you did not purchase anything, and you have no record of any transaction anywhere, then it's very likely a scam.

See here: link-> Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

and here: link-> Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2022 8:29 AM in response to Schmutzkaylee

Not a hack. There is no known method of remotely hacking an iPhone. More likely just a scam message trying to get your details. Delete the message and ignore it.

If you did not purchase anything, and you have no record of any transaction anywhere, then it's very likely a scam.

See here: link-> Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

and here: link-> Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

May 9, 2022 8:31 AM in response to Schmutzkaylee

Unless your iPhone is jailbroken and/or someone had physical access to your phone (and knows your passcode, looks exactly like you, or knows your Apple ID credentials), it is not "hacked."

Most likely this was a scam. If you don't recognize the sender, you should never click on any links provided in the message. Just delete the message.

However, if you feel that your Apple ID has been compromised, I suggest that you follow the steps in this Apple Support article:

You may also find the following articles helpful, as well:

Possible hack ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.