Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Kindle app stops responding

Until about a year ago, this app ran great on my Kindle Air 2. In the interim I had small problems that a system restart would solve.

Enter version 6.56.1.0 and the app splash screen is usually as far as it loads before my entire iPad locks up.

I removed the app, shut down the Kindle and reinstalled the app. Problem persisted.

I reset my iPad to factory defaults, ran OS update, shutdown and restarted my Kindle, reinstalled version 6.56.0 of the Kindle app and problem persisted.

I have plenty of disk space and memory available.

Below is information about my device. The App Store says the app is compatible with my device.

iPad Air 2

Kindle App Ver: 6.56.1.0

Model #: MNV22LL/A

I’ll appreciate anything you can do to help me get the app running properly.

BTW: I’ve had Audible for a long time and I love it!

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on May 9, 2022 10:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2022 11:06 AM

There are known issues with the current version of the Kindle App. Amazon, the Developer of the Kindle App and associated services, are reportedly working on the issue.

In the meantime, you would be best advised to seek assistance directly from Amazon support.

2 replies

Kindle app stops responding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.