Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Someone else using my email address for Apple ID

Someone has used my email address for their apple id address. How do I get Apple to delete the account that is being assigned to my email address?

Posted on May 9, 2022 2:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2022 6:12 PM

Contact Apple ID Support for assistance.  See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.  

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.   -

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.  *   (Link doesn’t always load)  

Get Support      -    Work through the screens to get a chat option. You may have to pick a slightly different problem.

Apple Support schedule phone call.   -

Apple on Twitter        

From the Apple Support article below. 

Without proof of your identity via security questions and other carefully selected criteria, Apple Support can't help you reset a password or perform any other actions on your account. These policies are audited and reviewed on a regular basis.

Security and your Apple ID - Apple Support.      *

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2022 6:12 PM in response to Runner NYC

Contact Apple ID Support for assistance.  See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.  

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.   -

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.  *   (Link doesn’t always load)  

Get Support      -    Work through the screens to get a chat option. You may have to pick a slightly different problem.

Apple Support schedule phone call.   -

Apple on Twitter        

From the Apple Support article below. 

Without proof of your identity via security questions and other carefully selected criteria, Apple Support can't help you reset a password or perform any other actions on your account. These policies are audited and reviewed on a regular basis.

Security and your Apple ID - Apple Support.      *

May 9, 2022 8:07 PM in response to Eric Root

Thank you. I can't tell if it's someone who has gotten their own email address wrong (this is the second time it's happened) or if someone is trying to get my account data. I suspect it's the former, but my iPhone was stolen last November and there's a nagging worry that it might be the thieves trying to access my account (with the wrong email address).

Someone else using my email address for Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.