Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

having problem with formatting - "changes have been made that effect the global template Normal.dotm Is there a way to fix that?

MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020)

having problem with formatting - "changes have been made that effect the global template Normal.dotm Is there a way to fix that?

Posted on May 9, 2022 3:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2022 4:46 AM

Are you asking about a feature in MS Word?

If so, what it's telling you is you've made "permanent" changes to a Template file. Generally, they can be changed and then changed back at will. For instance, a font change. I dislike the one a Template uses, so I changed it and got this message. It's simply telling me I in fact made the change I was intending to make. It does not indicate damage.

I can reset the font to whatever I want at will.

I would imagine all word processing apps have a similar feature ... you didn't say what you are using.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2022 4:46 AM in response to Lutz53

Are you asking about a feature in MS Word?

If so, what it's telling you is you've made "permanent" changes to a Template file. Generally, they can be changed and then changed back at will. For instance, a font change. I dislike the one a Template uses, so I changed it and got this message. It's simply telling me I in fact made the change I was intending to make. It does not indicate damage.

I can reset the font to whatever I want at will.

I would imagine all word processing apps have a similar feature ... you didn't say what you are using.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.