Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

logitech camera not working

I have an HD 1080p Logitech camera that doesn't want to work with my MacBook Air (running Monterey). After trying everything, I thought the camera was broken, so I bought a new one. Still didn't work. I then restarted my computer, launched Zoom to test it, and suddenly the camera worked, but the moment I unplugged the camera and replugged it in, it stopped working again. I have now tried this several times, and each time it's the same. I can restart my computer with the camera plugged in, and it seems to work as long as I never unplug it. But the moment I need to unplug the camera, it stops working again unless I restart my computer. Does anyone have any idea what could be going on here?

Posted on May 9, 2022 9:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2022 8:55 AM

Try booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Can you use the camera, and then disconnect and then reconnect the camera andand does it continue to work?

Now restart and repeat the camera connect and then disconnect and reconnect after being disconnected?

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems.

If no problem in Safe Mode but problem returns after a normal boot that mean something is being loaded during a normal boot that is causing the problem.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2022 8:55 AM in response to rperlman12

Try booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Can you use the camera, and then disconnect and then reconnect the camera andand does it continue to work?

Now restart and repeat the camera connect and then disconnect and reconnect after being disconnected?

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems.

If no problem in Safe Mode but problem returns after a normal boot that mean something is being loaded during a normal boot that is causing the problem.

logitech camera not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.