Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS15.4.1 causing wifi to not work

recently updated devices to the latest version of IOS, before doing this my wifi was working perfectly. After completing the software update, my device is not allowing me to connect to the wifi network. All my other devices are connected to the wifi network and it is working as it usually does, however my IPhone 13 is not connecting to the internet after the software update. Does anyone have any ideas about how I may fix this?.

iPhone 13

Posted on May 9, 2022 10:17 PM

5 replies

May 9, 2022 10:26 PM in response to OscarLicardie

OscarLicardie Said:

"IOS15.4.1 causing wifi to not work: recently updated devices to the latest version of IOS, before doing this my wifi was working perfectly. After completing the software update, my device is not allowing me to connect to the wifi network. [...]Does anyone have any ideas about how I may fix this?."

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone WiFi:

A. Restart the Router:

If there is no Wi-Fi signal, then apparently you have no IP address. So, start by restarting the router.

B. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

If connecting is unsuccessful, try clearing out your Temporary Internet FilesHistoryCache, and Cookies

Go Here: Clear your Safari Browser History and Set Up Content Blockers on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

C. Try manually restarting your iPhone:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More

D. Troubleshooting Connectivity:

Wi-Fi: If your iPhone won’t Connect to a Wi-Fi Network - Apple Support

E. Disable, then Enable WiFi:

In Settings, try disabling Bluetooth, and then reenabling Bluetooth, seeing if that makes all the difference.

F. Reset All Network Settings to Default:

Example of items that will be reset: (Wi-Fi Passwords, VPN Connections, etc)

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Network Settings.
  5. Enter: [Your Passcode]

As a Last Resort:

F. Restore form a Backup:

Have a backup of your iPhone? If you are not concerned with losing data, then restore your iPhone from a backup that was made when Wi-Fi was working. Prior to restoring, always know to backup your iPhone, incase anything goes wrong in the future.

May 9, 2022 10:29 PM in response to OscarLicardie

OscarLicardie Said:

"IOS15.4.1 causing wifi to not work: recently updated devices to the latest version of IOS, before doing this my wifi was working perfectly. After completing the software update, my device is not allowing me to connect to the wifi network.[...]"

-------

Report this as a Bug to Apple:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know how about this bug  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when you came across this issue (after installing an update), and how you have troubleshoot it thus far. Include the URL of this post;
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

IOS15.4.1 causing wifi to not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.