Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suppot for EOS RP RAW Files in Photos

Hello, I just upgraded to a new camera, the EOS RP and the raw files are not previewing properly in the photos app. Sometimes I just see a black tile and they don't render at all, and at other times the image is jumbled up.

Any idea how to fix this or if it will be fixed in a future update? I'm running macOS Monterey 12.2 on M1 Mac Mini. Im also experiencing the same issue with iPad photos.

Thanks.

Mac mini, macOS 12.2

Posted on May 10, 2022 10:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2022 12:01 PM

The Canon EOS RP is supported under macOS Monterey and there is no footnote about compressed RAW either. Update your operating system to macOS 12.3.1 and see if that resolves issues with these images in Photos.

I just downloaded a RAW image from DPReview site and this is what I see for Get Info in Photos on macOS 12.3.1 on a 2020 iMac and 2021 16-in MBP M1 Pro.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2022 12:01 PM in response to vusisindane

The Canon EOS RP is supported under macOS Monterey and there is no footnote about compressed RAW either. Update your operating system to macOS 12.3.1 and see if that resolves issues with these images in Photos.

I just downloaded a RAW image from DPReview site and this is what I see for Get Info in Photos on macOS 12.3.1 on a 2020 iMac and 2021 16-in MBP M1 Pro.

Suppot for EOS RP RAW Files in Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.