Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Paste select clips from Quicktime into an existing iMovie project

I did 2 QuickTime Movie recordings for exporting into iMovie - 2 passes of the same 'voice-over.'

I dragged the first pass into iMovie, everything' works fine.

However there are a few sections of the 2nd-pass voice-over that I prefer, and would like to insert/replace into the timeline of the first pass, in iMovie

In QT, I have 'split the timeline' of the 2nd pass to isolate the preferred sections, and can 'select' them.

But how do I move them into the iMovie timeline, replacing the same seconds of the existing first-pass movie? Copy/paste doesn't work, dragging the selected clip from QT to iMovie doesn't work, and I cannot figure how to add them to the iMovie's sidebar 'media clips' where I could then drag/drop them into the iMovie timeline.

Thank You

Mac Studio

Posted on May 10, 2022 12:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2022 7:44 PM

Since you refer to voiceovers, I assume that you are talking about audio clips.

It would be easier to use iMovie to split the second voiceover and insert the splits into the 1st voiceover.

Put Voiceover #1 into the upper audio well. and Voiceover #2 into the lower audio well. Do Modify/Split Clip to cut Voiceover #2 into segments. Then Modify/Split Clip Voiceover #1 at the places where you want to make the inserts. Drag the segments of Voiceover #2 between the segments of Voiceover #1. Trim back the edge of the Voiceover #1 segment to make room for the Voiceover #2 segment.

_Rich

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2022 7:44 PM in response to Rhythm Earthsong

Since you refer to voiceovers, I assume that you are talking about audio clips.

It would be easier to use iMovie to split the second voiceover and insert the splits into the 1st voiceover.

Put Voiceover #1 into the upper audio well. and Voiceover #2 into the lower audio well. Do Modify/Split Clip to cut Voiceover #2 into segments. Then Modify/Split Clip Voiceover #1 at the places where you want to make the inserts. Drag the segments of Voiceover #2 between the segments of Voiceover #1. Trim back the edge of the Voiceover #1 segment to make room for the Voiceover #2 segment.

_Rich

Paste select clips from Quicktime into an existing iMovie project

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.