Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Outlook.com Exchange Asking for Password Needlessly Every Single Time I Open my Laptop

The support article is useless, this problem has only ever existed on my 16 inch M1 Pro. The notification pops up saying exchange needs a password and it does not actually need any password - the notification is just a black hole. Don't even ask me if I've done any of the obvious troubleshooting steps. Every single thing has been done short of reinstalling Mac OS which I will not do.

Posted on May 10, 2022 11:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2022 9:19 AM

Hello cbakl,

Thanks for posting here on the Apple Support Communities! This is a place where other Apple users can submit questions or respond to others to help lend a hand. If we understand correctly, you've tried the guidance from If Mail on your Mac keeps asking for your password - Apple Support and the same continues. Great troubleshooting so far.

Since the same keeps happening, it will be helpful to isolate where this happens. Does it happen in safe mode? Access safe mode using the guidance in How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support.

Testing in another admin user account can also help to isolate where this occurs. If you don't have another admin user account to test, you can set up a temporary account using the steps from Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac.

In most cases, issues that occur in one user account are related to login items. So, if you find that an issue only occurs in your user account, remove your login items and test again. Check out Remove login items to resolve startup problems on your Mac.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2022 9:19 AM in response to cbakl

Hello cbakl,

Thanks for posting here on the Apple Support Communities! This is a place where other Apple users can submit questions or respond to others to help lend a hand. If we understand correctly, you've tried the guidance from If Mail on your Mac keeps asking for your password - Apple Support and the same continues. Great troubleshooting so far.

Since the same keeps happening, it will be helpful to isolate where this happens. Does it happen in safe mode? Access safe mode using the guidance in How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support.

Testing in another admin user account can also help to isolate where this occurs. If you don't have another admin user account to test, you can set up a temporary account using the steps from Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac.

In most cases, issues that occur in one user account are related to login items. So, if you find that an issue only occurs in your user account, remove your login items and test again. Check out Remove login items to resolve startup problems on your Mac.

Take care.

May 12, 2022 1:04 PM in response to faith185

Very bizarre issue, it appears removing Microsoft OneDrive from login items may have helped for now. Hopefully it sticks. Can't imagine why a third party Microsoft app would be impacting Apple first party syncing of an exchange account. Who needs to be made aware to get rid of such a sloppy problem?

Outlook.com Exchange Asking for Password Needlessly Every Single Time I Open my Laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.