Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

...not supported for this account

When I try to add my kids payment cards in their iPhones I get the error message "Payment cards are not supported for this account". No information of what seems to be the issue. It has nothing to do with our bank since this error message shows right after i hit "Add".

Could it have to do with my kids age (12 and 16 years)? Why, oh why, cannot Apple leave at least a clue about what is wrong? Does any one know any more? Tried to contact Apple, which is impossible.

Posted on May 10, 2022 12:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2022 2:33 PM

For Apple Pay, see the following footnote from Set up Apple Pay - Apple Support

If you're less than 13 years old, Apple Pay isn't available and you can't add a card in the Wallet app. Age varies by country or region.

For Apple Cash, see the following from Set up Apple Cash - Apple Support

Be at least 18 years old and live in the United States.

Except for Set up and use Apple Cash Family - Apple Support

You can set up Apple Cash for the children and teens in your Family Sharing group so they can make purchases, and send and receive money in Messages. You can even limit who your child can send money to, get notified when they make transactions, and lock their account.1

and

How children and teens can use Apple Cash

If your family organizer set up Apple Cash for you, you can use it to make purchases in participating stores, apps, and websites.

You can also use Apple Cash to send and receive money in Messages with Apple Pay. If you're less than 13 years old, you can't add a card to Wallet to use with Apple Pay.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2022 2:33 PM in response to haddock

For Apple Pay, see the following footnote from Set up Apple Pay - Apple Support

If you're less than 13 years old, Apple Pay isn't available and you can't add a card in the Wallet app. Age varies by country or region.

For Apple Cash, see the following from Set up Apple Cash - Apple Support

Be at least 18 years old and live in the United States.

Except for Set up and use Apple Cash Family - Apple Support

You can set up Apple Cash for the children and teens in your Family Sharing group so they can make purchases, and send and receive money in Messages. You can even limit who your child can send money to, get notified when they make transactions, and lock their account.1

and

How children and teens can use Apple Cash

If your family organizer set up Apple Cash for you, you can use it to make purchases in participating stores, apps, and websites.

You can also use Apple Cash to send and receive money in Messages with Apple Pay. If you're less than 13 years old, you can't add a card to Wallet to use with Apple Pay.

...not supported for this account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.