Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error when trying to create child iOS account

I gave an error when trying to create a child account. I have tried on both wifi and cellular and it doesn’t change. First it asks me to verify my PayPal which then says an error occurred. If I try a different payment method I get the same error. I have tried this both on my iPad and my iPhone to no avail - I have seen a few posts here and it’s always marked as resolved when it isn’t… I have followed the apple guide for this: Create an Apple ID for your child – Apple Support (UK)

I do not get to step 5! It will not allow me to verify I am a parental figure as I cannot get past this stupid payment part.

my iPad is on iOS15 and my iPhone iOS16 - please can someone help?!

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 29, 2022 3:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 2:05 AM

This was resolved! The issue is PayPal cannot be the primary method of payment on your account. So before even creating a child account you need to add your credit card to your payment methods and ensure it is first - you can then easily create your child account, as it should be, and upon creation you can then adjust your payments again and change PayPal to be preferred (if that’s what you want)

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2022 2:05 AM in response to AlexJackson.Alx2011

This was resolved! The issue is PayPal cannot be the primary method of payment on your account. So before even creating a child account you need to add your credit card to your payment methods and ensure it is first - you can then easily create your child account, as it should be, and upon creation you can then adjust your payments again and change PayPal to be preferred (if that’s what you want)

Oct 29, 2022 5:51 PM in response to AlexJackson.Alx2011

Contact Apple ID Support for assistance.  See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.  

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.   -

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.  *   (Link doesn’t always load)  

Get Support      -    Work through the screens to get a chat option. You may have to pick a slightly different problem.

Apple Support schedule phone call.   -

If necessary, use Twitter or Messages.

Apple on Twitter     

Messages chat with Apple  

Error when trying to create child iOS account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.