Creating child account

When trying to create a child’s account, I click ‘Verify You’re an Adult’ and it takes me to the Parental Consent screen where it asks me to enter the verification code that was texted to me in order to use PayPal. After entering the code, I either get an error saying ‘There was an error, please try later’ or it says ‘Credit card processing is temporarily unavailable…’ I’ve been trying for a few days and I keep getting the same errors. I’ve tried creating the account on the old iPhone that my son will be using and also from my current iPhone by going under settings then family. I’ve tried over Wi-Fi and I’ve also turned the Wi-Fi off and tried over data. Any suggestions?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, 16

Posted on May 30, 2023 12:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2023 1:19 PM

My hunch is that it has to to with the confirmation of payment method, so IF you are able, try adding a different payment method like visa or Mastercard and try again.

If you can't do that I would recommend to:

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Because they might be able to help you get past the issue without changing it.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2023 1:19 PM in response to Amazed20

My hunch is that it has to to with the confirmation of payment method, so IF you are able, try adding a different payment method like visa or Mastercard and try again.

If you can't do that I would recommend to:

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Because they might be able to help you get past the issue without changing it.

Creating child account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.