Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New tab

All I wanna do is make my new tab in safari open to my homepage. It just says untitled.

internet says safari preferences but there is no preferences under safari in settings. Why is this so difficult

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on May 10, 2022 5:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2022 7:05 AM

While iOS/iPadOS doesn’t have facility to open a new tab to a specific web page, you can customise the Safari start page - where you can add a Favourite/Shortcut to specific web pages. As such, you can access any web-page with just two taps.

Customize your Safari settings on iPad - Apple Support

Bookmark favorite webpages in Safari on iPad - Apple Support

Apple do invite submission of comments and feature requests via its Product Feedback Portal. For iPad and iPadOS:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2022 7:05 AM in response to Appleisconfusing12

While iOS/iPadOS doesn’t have facility to open a new tab to a specific web page, you can customise the Safari start page - where you can add a Favourite/Shortcut to specific web pages. As such, you can access any web-page with just two taps.

Customize your Safari settings on iPad - Apple Support

Bookmark favorite webpages in Safari on iPad - Apple Support

Apple do invite submission of comments and feature requests via its Product Feedback Portal. For iPad and iPadOS:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

May 10, 2022 6:11 PM in response to Appleisconfusing12

Appleisconfusing12 Said:

"New tab: All I wanna do is make my new tab in safari open to my homepage. It just says untitled. internet says safari preferences but there is no preferences under safari in settings. Why is this so difficult"

-------

Opening a New Tab to your Homepage on an iPad:

This is not an option as of this reply. So, recommend to Apple that they make this an option. Apple wount get back to you directly, but the more feedback they revise on this, the more they will know what their customers prefer and what options to include in iPadOS versions to come. Go Here: Customize your Safari Settings on iPad - Apple Support

New tab

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.