Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpod pros turning off in sauna

So I’ll use my AirPods (100% charge) for about an hour/hour and a half at the gym before sitting in the sauna for about 30 minutes. Usually the right one dies about 7 minutes into the sauna, and then the left. However, when placed back in the case the AirPods show a 50-70% charge. I understand they aren’t built for intense heat. My main confusion lies in the fact that I’m sitting in there with other people who have AirPods and airpod pros, and none of them have issues. I’ve spoken to a couple different people about it, people who own the same pros I do and then people who own different gens of the reg AirPods and NONE of them have issues. They’ll sit in there for 10-30 minutes with zero issues. A concern of mine is that they will shut off while I lounge at the beach. I’d keep them away from the sand but keeping them from the sun/heat would be virtually impossible and if they can’t withstand that I don’t see a reason to keep them.

Posted on May 10, 2022 6:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2022 7:02 PM

Keeping AirPods within acceptable operating temperatures - Apple Support

Use AirPods where the ambient temperature is between 0º and 35º C (32º to 95º F). Low- or high-temperature conditions might cause the device to change its behavior to regulate its temperature.

Using AirPods in very hot conditions can permanently shorten battery life.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2022 7:02 PM in response to JushF

Keeping AirPods within acceptable operating temperatures - Apple Support

Use AirPods where the ambient temperature is between 0º and 35º C (32º to 95º F). Low- or high-temperature conditions might cause the device to change its behavior to regulate its temperature.

Using AirPods in very hot conditions can permanently shorten battery life.

May 10, 2022 6:09 PM in response to JushF

Further information, when my airpod pros “die,” aka give me the low battery/no battery sound. They still work. Like they still make the sound when I touch the stem. It seems they just disconnected from my phone and the ANC doesn’t work nor does the passive mode and they won’t play anything through them and the don’t show up on my phone as connected.

May 10, 2022 7:09 PM in response to Johnathan Burger

I understand that they aren’t built for those temperatures. However, that doesn’t explain how I sit with people who use their AirPods/airpod pros in the sauna. My gf has a pair of airpod pros she just got and she will sit in the sauna for the full 30 minutes no issues. I’m confused as to how mine are having issues tolerating the heat whereas others are fine.

May 10, 2022 9:06 PM in response to deggie

I got mine about 2-3 weeks ago and hers are about 2 weeks newer. The people in the sauna that I’ve talked to keep them in the case until they use them to workout. Some sauna before, some after their lift. So the charge is anywhere from 50-100%.

absolutely, I understand what he was saying. And I get it. I’m just confused as to why I’m the only one having issues.

May 11, 2022 8:52 AM in response to deggie

I’ve kept the iPhone in and out of the sauna as an experiment to see if it changes anything and it doesn’t. Is there any way I can determine if the iPhone is the issue? I have had issues with the Bluetooth on this phone before. But I never thought much of it because what I had blue-toothed weren’t in the apple ecosystem (Garmin fenix 6, senso earbuds, etc.)

Airpod pros turning off in sauna

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.