Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I retrieve messages I accidentally deleted. I do not back up messages. Reverting to old version from cloud may not be an option

How do I retrieve messages I accidentally deleted. I do not back up messages. Reverting to old version from cloud may not be an option

iPhone XR

Posted on May 11, 2022 12:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2022 12:29 AM

Sorry, but if you deleted the messages in iCloud, you can't restore them anymore:

With Messages in iCloud, when you delete a message, attachment, or conversation on one device, it deletes from all of your devices. This can help free up some space in your iCloud storage, while keeping the rest of your conversations up to date across your devices. Once you delete a message, you can't get it back. 

copied from: How to delete messages in iCloud - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2022 12:29 AM in response to applegrl78

Sorry, but if you deleted the messages in iCloud, you can't restore them anymore:

With Messages in iCloud, when you delete a message, attachment, or conversation on one device, it deletes from all of your devices. This can help free up some space in your iCloud storage, while keeping the rest of your conversations up to date across your devices. Once you delete a message, you can't get it back. 

copied from: How to delete messages in iCloud - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.