Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you send email using the hide my email address

I get that I can create a hidden email. I have. Okay. Now I want to respond to someone where the email has been forwarded to my mail address. Don't want to use the mail address. Remember? I want to now RESPOND. How do I do that? Just simply?

Mac mini, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 11, 2022 7:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2022 9:10 AM

hi,

if you've already got an iCloud subscription then you go into settings to enable it, from settings you can generate more, if you don't have an iCloud subscription then you need to buy one to access those features

if you want to send an email from a hide my email address then you can't unless its a reply (E.g Bob sends Jim an email to his rely, Bob replies) when replying you stay hidden

hope this answered your question.

if not I'm sorry.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2022 9:10 AM in response to TuckerdogAVL

hi,

if you've already got an iCloud subscription then you go into settings to enable it, from settings you can generate more, if you don't have an iCloud subscription then you need to buy one to access those features

if you want to send an email from a hide my email address then you can't unless its a reply (E.g Bob sends Jim an email to his rely, Bob replies) when replying you stay hidden

hope this answered your question.

if not I'm sorry.

May 11, 2022 8:16 AM in response to TuckerdogAVL

TuckerdogAVL wrote:

I get that I can create a hidden email. I have. Okay. Now I want to respond to someone where the email has been forwarded to my mail address. Don't want to use the mail address. Remember? I want to now RESPOND. How do I do that? Just simply?

Set up and use Hide My Email in iCloud+ on all your devices

Use Hide My Email on Mac - Apple Support

May 11, 2022 8:29 AM in response to leroydouglas

So, by sending those two links you assume I didn't read those first? Ah, okay ...

Back to the original question:

How do you respond to the email that someone sends you back? So you remain hidden? So you don't use the address the forwarded email came to? Because that would defeat the purpose, wouldn't it?

You've created the email, it's in your iCloud, you've used it, it's saved. Now, someone sends you a note. The hidden email is sent to a gmail account or some other account in your Apple Mail. How do you respond to that email without revealing the address that the hidden email was forwarded to?

According to this, I have to sign into my account - well, I have to start the account, put in my user name, put in my password, go to the emails, find the one that corresponds to the forwarded address - and hopefully the responding person is identified (I used this to get an answer regarding a product where I didn't want to be hounded by advertising), then copy the hidden email address, go to apple mail, open "new", paste the hidden email in the From and write them back. Right ? that's the Easy way?

If this answer is buried in the link word salad my apologies, but I don't see it clearly. I have read the missives twice now.

How do you send email using the hide my email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.