Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can my apple iPhone block itself from a wifi provider?

Can my apple 12 pro max block itself from a wifi provider?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on May 11, 2022 12:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2022 12:44 PM

Do you want to turn on Wi-Fi and then control which signal the phone connects with?

Check Settings ->Wi-Fi -> and scroll down and check your settings in these two categories:

1) Ask to Join Networks (you can chose Off, Notify, or Ask)

If you chose Off it will not connect to any _unknown_ network. You have to manually connect to one.

Notify and Ask are slightly more relaxed. "Known" networks are those you have set a password for in the past, so check those.

If I go somewhere where I use some other place's Wi-Fi, I go in after I'm finished and 'forget' the network, just in case.

2) Auto-Join Hotspot (you can chose Never, Ask to Join, or Automatic)

I cannot imagine why I would chose anything other than Never, unless I KNEW the person with the Hotspot.

Then I might turn it on if there was no Wi-Fi or Cellular option., and turn it back off when done. YMMV.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2022 12:44 PM in response to vasti176

Do you want to turn on Wi-Fi and then control which signal the phone connects with?

Check Settings ->Wi-Fi -> and scroll down and check your settings in these two categories:

1) Ask to Join Networks (you can chose Off, Notify, or Ask)

If you chose Off it will not connect to any _unknown_ network. You have to manually connect to one.

Notify and Ask are slightly more relaxed. "Known" networks are those you have set a password for in the past, so check those.

If I go somewhere where I use some other place's Wi-Fi, I go in after I'm finished and 'forget' the network, just in case.

2) Auto-Join Hotspot (you can chose Never, Ask to Join, or Automatic)

I cannot imagine why I would chose anything other than Never, unless I KNEW the person with the Hotspot.

Then I might turn it on if there was no Wi-Fi or Cellular option., and turn it back off when done. YMMV.

May 14, 2022 10:07 PM in response to BlueKatKLJ

Thank you so much for your assistance. This was enough proof to the principal that our IT teacher is indeed sabotaging me by blocking my phone from our school’s internet and that she is indeed regulating the flow to my laptop which made it very difficult to teach. My phone is now unblocked, however the laptop is still an issue. But we will get there. Thankfully from Benoni, South Africa.

Can my apple iPhone block itself from a wifi provider?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.