Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My keyboard is not working

My password is all numbers and the number side of my keyboard isn’t working

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 11, 2022 10:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2022 11:04 PM

ruun162 Said:

"My keyboard is not working: My password is all numbers and the number side of my keyboard isn’t working"

-------

Troubleshooting Internal Keyboard:

Perform the Following with the External Keyboard:

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for keyboard) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM.

• Boot into Safe Mode:

When you boot into Safe Mode, items load by default, with certain settings and caches set aside. So, hold down the shift key upon boot. See what happens then.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2022 11:04 PM in response to ruun162

ruun162 Said:

"My keyboard is not working: My password is all numbers and the number side of my keyboard isn’t working"

-------

Troubleshooting Internal Keyboard:

Perform the Following with the External Keyboard:

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for keyboard) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM.

• Boot into Safe Mode:

When you boot into Safe Mode, items load by default, with certain settings and caches set aside. So, hold down the shift key upon boot. See what happens then.

My keyboard is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.