Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reading ms on Lock Screen

Hello guys. I have a problem an hope I can get help.

im living in japan an we use LINE here a lot. Sometimes I get messages from people that I don’t want to talk to. However , sometimes the message be long an I can’t read it all on Lock Screen. If I swip left an view it. Will the person know I read the message? It’s the only way we can read long messages without going on the app directly. But I don’t want them to know I read it. Help please 🥺.

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on May 12, 2022 1:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2022 6:31 AM

Hello, brendon172.

As this is not an Apple product, the best source of source for support with how to make the messages not appear to be read (if that is possible) would be the app developer. This may be a good starting point to reach out to them: Help Center - LINE.

Let us know if we can help with anything else at all. Thanks and have a fabulous day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2022 6:31 AM in response to brendon172

Hello, brendon172.

As this is not an Apple product, the best source of source for support with how to make the messages not appear to be read (if that is possible) would be the app developer. This may be a good starting point to reach out to them: Help Center - LINE.

Let us know if we can help with anything else at all. Thanks and have a fabulous day!

Reading ms on Lock Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.