Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

“Other” Storage on iwatch series 3

I have my running workouts interrupted by storage full notifications. This ***** because it quits recording my time and distance during these notifications and I finish a run to realize my workout was not recorded accurately. 😠 I have restarted, un-synced, and deleted all contacts, messages, music, photos, audiobooks…each day. My fancy iwatch is a glorified Fitbit at this point. When I look at what is using the storage, the storage is predominantly filled in white which stands for “other“. How do I clear the other? 8GB has been PLENTY for me until this last update. I don’t want to get use to this overpriced inconvenient “Fitbit” lifestyle. Is there a reasonable solution I have not found (that does not include buying the latest watch)?

[Edited by Moderator]

Apple Watch

Posted on May 12, 2022 4:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2022 4:20 AM

First, try to free up storage on your Apple Watch by removing any music or photos that you've synced to your watch and any apps that you don't needThen try to install the watchOS update.If that didn't work then;

Unpair your Apple Watch via the Watch app on your iPhone

Then Re-pair your Apple Watch again and setup as new,this usually frees up

enough storage space to update your watch.And without any loss of data.

If the watch updates ok then you can unpair and re-pair it again only this time you can restore from your last backup instead of setting up as new,this restores your watch to how it was but now it's updated as well.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2022 4:20 AM in response to AnotherFrustratedrunner

First, try to free up storage on your Apple Watch by removing any music or photos that you've synced to your watch and any apps that you don't needThen try to install the watchOS update.If that didn't work then;

Unpair your Apple Watch via the Watch app on your iPhone

Then Re-pair your Apple Watch again and setup as new,this usually frees up

enough storage space to update your watch.And without any loss of data.

If the watch updates ok then you can unpair and re-pair it again only this time you can restore from your last backup instead of setting up as new,this restores your watch to how it was but now it's updated as well.

“Other” Storage on iwatch series 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.