Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use the same iCloud account to backup my phones and iPads and iMac?

My wife and I both have iPhones and iPads and we share an iMac. Can we use the same iCloud account to backup all our devices.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 12, 2022 6:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2022 7:06 AM

It's possible, yes, but not optimal. Each person should have their own iCloud account (Apple ID).

Make sure that each family member has a unique Apple ID - Apple Support

Apple recommends that you do not share your Apple ID. Instead, set up Family Sharing so that each person uses their own Apple ID. This way, your family can share purchases, subscriptions, and more without sharing personal information like email, text messages, or passwords.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2022 7:06 AM in response to HikerSteve55

It's possible, yes, but not optimal. Each person should have their own iCloud account (Apple ID).

Make sure that each family member has a unique Apple ID - Apple Support

Apple recommends that you do not share your Apple ID. Instead, set up Family Sharing so that each person uses their own Apple ID. This way, your family can share purchases, subscriptions, and more without sharing personal information like email, text messages, or passwords.

Can I use the same iCloud account to backup my phones and iPads and iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.