Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Files miss

I recently changed my Apple ID password ON MY MAC and now I have some very important files missing from the files app. I already tried iCloud and I’m seeing the same thing. How can I get these back?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 12, 2022 7:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2022 7:28 AM

See the article Access iCloud Drive files from your iPhone and other devices - Apple Support

When Apple ID password is changed from Mac Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support and iPhone was also signed in with same Apple ID and password it has to be updated What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

See the article Use the Files app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you can manage your files in the Files app. When you make changes to your files on one device, your edits are automatically updated on every device using iCloud Drive.

Make sure in Mac iCloud Drive should be always turned as on Set up iCloud Drive on all your devices - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2022 7:28 AM in response to BlakeG705

See the article Access iCloud Drive files from your iPhone and other devices - Apple Support

When Apple ID password is changed from Mac Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support and iPhone was also signed in with same Apple ID and password it has to be updated What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

See the article Use the Files app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you can manage your files in the Files app. When you make changes to your files on one device, your edits are automatically updated on every device using iCloud Drive.

Make sure in Mac iCloud Drive should be always turned as on Set up iCloud Drive on all your devices - Apple Support

Files miss

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.