Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicated files for 2 users profiles

I have 2 users in my mac, and i cannot delete one because i dont remember the password to that apple ID anymore and email does not exist. It happened during the transform of data from 1 mac to another.

I realise that all documents that i save/ screenshot during the work in my primary user, are also duplicating to the second user profile. How do i stop it? essentially i have now all documents duplicated across two profiles, which takes A LOT of space.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 12:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 9:26 AM

Hello, krisresh.

Sorry that you're having this trouble with you user accounts.

To be honest, it's unusual that any files created in one user account are being duplicated in another. I don't know what that's about. (?)

But if you wish to delete that user account from the Mac, it can be done by going to System Preferences > Users & Groups, then unlocking the panel, selecting the user account from the list and clicking the delete ( – ) button below. You will be prompted to keep or delete the home folder. If you have no reason to keep it around taking up space, then go ahead and delete it.

This all can only be done while logged in to an admin account, and the account to be deleted must be logged out.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2021 9:26 AM in response to krisresh

Hello, krisresh.

Sorry that you're having this trouble with you user accounts.

To be honest, it's unusual that any files created in one user account are being duplicated in another. I don't know what that's about. (?)

But if you wish to delete that user account from the Mac, it can be done by going to System Preferences > Users & Groups, then unlocking the panel, selecting the user account from the list and clicking the delete ( – ) button below. You will be prompted to keep or delete the home folder. If you have no reason to keep it around taking up space, then go ahead and delete it.

This all can only be done while logged in to an admin account, and the account to be deleted must be logged out.

Duplicated files for 2 users profiles

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.