Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with deleting iCloud from my phone

hello.  the problem is as follows: on 07/09/2022 I bought a new iPhone 12 pro and I am its owner, for which I have a box and a receipt.  I can prove the purchase and ownership in every possible way.  Five months after the purchase, I erased my data and temporarily my phone was used by a person who did not leave the iCloud record.  I no longer have contact with this person.  Now my phone is with me.  Please help 🙏🏽 I will reset everything I need and prove that this is my phone.  Erase his iCloud from my phone please 🙏🏽

Posted on May 12, 2022 7:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2022 7:50 AM

Your description sounds like your iPhone is locked to the temporary user's Apple ID.

Read How to remove Activation Lock where it advises to start a support request: If you need help removing Activation Lock and have proof of purchase documentation, you can start an Activation Lock support request.

You will need, at some point, to produce your purchase receipts.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2022 7:50 AM in response to Tatyana2323

Your description sounds like your iPhone is locked to the temporary user's Apple ID.

Read How to remove Activation Lock where it advises to start a support request: If you need help removing Activation Lock and have proof of purchase documentation, you can start an Activation Lock support request.

You will need, at some point, to produce your purchase receipts.

Help with deleting iCloud from my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.