Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Won’t export entire project

This is happened to me a couple of times. If it’s a four minute video it only export three minutes. Today it happened again. It’s a five minute video and it only exported the first three minutes, and the video froze after about five seconds. It is not an inpoint and out point issue, and I did not use the range selection tool. Please help.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.6

Posted on May 12, 2022 9:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2022 10:01 AM

Whenever there is some weird behavior, delete the application preferences.

To delete preferences, hold down command and option while starting FCP X and click Delete Preferences.

The application will start in a default state, and open an "Untitled" library. Reopen the library you were working on, set the preferences the way you like them, and try again.

Also: delete all render files. Turn background render off. Do not render before exporting.

Then try exporting again.

There could be some corrupted media. If the problem persists after doing the above, try exporting only about half the project.

If it works, try the other half. If there is a bad clip, you will quickly determine which one.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2022 10:01 AM in response to JbeckerNotINRwanda

Whenever there is some weird behavior, delete the application preferences.

To delete preferences, hold down command and option while starting FCP X and click Delete Preferences.

The application will start in a default state, and open an "Untitled" library. Reopen the library you were working on, set the preferences the way you like them, and try again.

Also: delete all render files. Turn background render off. Do not render before exporting.

Then try exporting again.

There could be some corrupted media. If the problem persists after doing the above, try exporting only about half the project.

If it works, try the other half. If there is a bad clip, you will quickly determine which one.

May 13, 2022 3:23 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Thanks so much! I did the first half (Deleting Preferences and Render Files). That wasn't the issue, but then I started isolating different sections of the Project and Exporting. I found out that the issue was a 3rd party Timer Motion Graphic in one of those isolated sections! I swapped it out, and BOOM! I took me an hour to find it and figure it out, but that's way better than losing the whole project or buying a new machine when I didn't need to! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!

Won’t export entire project

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.