Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud calendars missing from sidebar

This is a new one for me. Something happened, and now although I can see "iCloud" listed on the left, in the sidebar, there are no calendars underneath. The calendars exist in iCloud. I can see them in the browser, and they are on my phone. For some reason they just don't appear on the Mac.

I tried wiping the ~/Library/Calendars folder, as well as deleting my iCal.plist. If I uncheck "Calendars" from the iCloud preference pane, or from Internet Accounts, the "iCloud" section goes away. If I re-check, it comes back, but without any calendars. Google calendars display just fine, it's only iCloud that's a problem.

Weirdly, when I go into Preferences in Calendar, and select Alerts, the Accounts dropdown shows "Google, iCloud, Group, Outlook, On My Mac". "Group" looks really suspicious.

I've rebooted several times. I signed out of iCloud entirely, and signed back in. Nothing seems to work.

In the console, for CalendarAgent I see some stuff repeated over and over that might be relevant, but it might also be a red herring:

Attempted to decode a collection type 'NSString' (subclass of 'NSObject') for key 'NS.keys'. 'NSString' requires its subclasses to be explicitly added to the allowed classes list but it is not present. Allowing this has been a source of security issues. Please ensure you meant this type to be in archives: 'NSString' (0x1d97105a8) [/System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework]

*** -[NSKeyedUnarchiver validateAllowedClass:forKey:] allowed unarchiving safe plist type ''NSString' (0x1d97105a8) [/System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework]' for key 'NS.keys', even though it was not explicitly included in the client allowed classes set: '{(

"'ICSProperty' (0x1d9a5f338) [/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/iCalendar.framework]",

"'NSDictionary' (0x1d96e2560) [/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework]",

"'NSArray' (0x1d96e2420) [/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework]"

)}'. This will be disallowed in the future.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on May 12, 2022 11:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2022 1:27 PM

Solved my own problem!

I signed out of iCloud again. And this time I rebooted before signing back in to iCloud. After I signed in, I saw the dreaded empty iCloud source on the left, but after a minute or so it suddenly loaded up with all my calendars.

Phew! So I think the solution was:

1. Sign out of iCloud from the iCloud System Preferences.
  2. Reboot.
  3. Sign back in to iCloud.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2022 1:27 PM in response to Jon Baumgartner

Solved my own problem!

I signed out of iCloud again. And this time I rebooted before signing back in to iCloud. After I signed in, I saw the dreaded empty iCloud source on the left, but after a minute or so it suddenly loaded up with all my calendars.

Phew! So I think the solution was:

1. Sign out of iCloud from the iCloud System Preferences.
  2. Reboot.
  3. Sign back in to iCloud.

May 12, 2022 1:34 PM in response to Jon Baumgartner

Review Set up iCloud for Calendar on all your devices:

"Set up iCloud for Calendar on your Mac

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, click Apple ID, then click iCloud.
  2. Select Calendars.
  3. To view calendars stored in iCloud, open the Calendar app. Choose View > Show Calendar List, then select the calendars you want to view in the iCloud section.

For more information on how to share calendars on your Mac, see Share iCloud calendars on Mac in the Calendar User Guide for Mac."

iCloud calendars missing from sidebar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.