Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cellular for Apple Watch

I want cellular on my Apple Watch when my phone is off I want my watch to work

Posted on May 12, 2022 6:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2022 6:32 PM

Did you buy an Apple Watch with GPS+Cellular? If yes you will have a red ring on the Digital Crown. If you have it check with your cell service provider and see if they support the Apple Watch and if they do start a new line to set it up.

If you do not have the red ring you have a GPS only watch. You would need to buy a new watch with cellular hardware to use it. P.S. if your iPhone is turned off even the cellular watch will not be able to send/receive SMS texts.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2022 6:32 PM in response to Pinchewey09

Did you buy an Apple Watch with GPS+Cellular? If yes you will have a red ring on the Digital Crown. If you have it check with your cell service provider and see if they support the Apple Watch and if they do start a new line to set it up.

If you do not have the red ring you have a GPS only watch. You would need to buy a new watch with cellular hardware to use it. P.S. if your iPhone is turned off even the cellular watch will not be able to send/receive SMS texts.

Cellular for Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.