Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air 2020 M1 does not recognize HP OfficeJet 3830 printer

Why doesn't my MacBook Air M1 2020 (OS 12.3.1) not recognize my HP OfficeJet 3830 printer? I have followed all the advice on the HP website, to no avail. Will a new printer be necessary? I'm sure HP would think so.

Thanks, Anyone!

Anne

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on May 12, 2022 6:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2022 8:03 AM

Hi,

Since the HP OfficeJet 3830 All-In-One Printer is a model supporting the AirPrint technology, as mentioned by lllaass, you should be able to use it without having to install drivers. This would require that the computer and the printer are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router).

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04724956.pdf#v442659564

An AirPrint-enabled printer is compatible with macOS (Monterey).

Special software from the printer manufacturer may be used for setup, ink management, and similar purposes. However, if necessary, it is often possible to carry out a manual setup instead.

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2022 8:03 AM in response to Anne McWilliams

Hi,

Since the HP OfficeJet 3830 All-In-One Printer is a model supporting the AirPrint technology, as mentioned by lllaass, you should be able to use it without having to install drivers. This would require that the computer and the printer are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router).

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04724956.pdf#v442659564

An AirPrint-enabled printer is compatible with macOS (Monterey).

Special software from the printer manufacturer may be used for setup, ink management, and similar purposes. However, if necessary, it is often possible to carry out a manual setup instead.

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

MacBook Air 2020 M1 does not recognize HP OfficeJet 3830 printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.