Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scary pop up!

I was on ballotpedia website & all of a sudden this pops up! I did NOT click on anything. I swiped up on my iPhone 13 Pro Max & closed the tab, immediately then cleared history & website data in safari & also in settings— safari. Should I be worried about download software without my consent? Or adware or hacking or virus, etc.? iOS 15.4.1

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on May 13, 2022 12:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2022 12:14 AM

No no no. Never install security apps, even ones that are familiar names to us.

Nor VPN unless your company gives you one to install.

Settings, Safari, clear history and website data.

Then check for calendar spam

I don't think it is, but it!s worth knowing how to temive.

Delete spam calendars and events on iPhone - Apple Support

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2022 12:14 AM in response to jasonflying

No no no. Never install security apps, even ones that are familiar names to us.

Nor VPN unless your company gives you one to install.

Settings, Safari, clear history and website data.

Then check for calendar spam

I don't think it is, but it!s worth knowing how to temive.

Delete spam calendars and events on iPhone - Apple Support

May 14, 2022 10:44 PM in response to LD150

Same thing with this too?

I did NOT click on it, I exited out (closed the tab & deleted history & website data) I do NOT look at adult websites on my iPhone, so I don’t know why this is occurring so much all of a sudden. Also my battery life has been going down faster too. Over the last week or so & I haven’t had these problems in a long time (only started having these pop ups very recently)

should I do a factory reset to be safe? Then install something like the Malwarebytes app for iPhone from the App Store?

May 13, 2022 1:17 AM in response to jasonflying

It will only download software if you ask it to, and any software must be from App Store anyway unless you have jailbroken the phone.

(That situation may change if over-reaching governments force Apple to open up to third party app stores but at present you are safe. Talk to your politicians to protect Apple's securiy features)

Just close the tab and if you are worried clear website history and data in Settings, Safari.

Scary pop up!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.