Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 3rd generation. I can’t get into settings. The remote does not move me from the option offered by the tv (“computers”) and even though “settings is sitting there the remote won’t move me over to it.

Apple TV 3rd generation. I can’t get into settings. The remote does not move me from the option offered by the tv (“computers”) and even though “settings is sitting there the remote won’t move me over to it.

Posted on May 13, 2022 5:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2022 11:54 AM

The connected TV should not affect this in any way. Its not doing anything but displaying an image.

When pressing a button on the remote, the white light on the front of the Apple TV should blink to signal its receiving a signal from the remote.

If you press a button on the remote and the light does not blink on the Apple TV, then it's simply not receiving any signal from the remote.

Make sure the remote is paired to the Apple TV by pointing it at it, and holding down the Menu + right (on the control circle) buttons for 6 seconds. A link icon should appearing the corner of the screen if its successfully paired.

Link-> If your Apple TV remote isn't working - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2022 11:54 AM in response to gcm118236

The connected TV should not affect this in any way. Its not doing anything but displaying an image.

When pressing a button on the remote, the white light on the front of the Apple TV should blink to signal its receiving a signal from the remote.

If you press a button on the remote and the light does not blink on the Apple TV, then it's simply not receiving any signal from the remote.

Make sure the remote is paired to the Apple TV by pointing it at it, and holding down the Menu + right (on the control circle) buttons for 6 seconds. A link icon should appearing the corner of the screen if its successfully paired.

Link-> If your Apple TV remote isn't working - Apple Support

May 13, 2022 11:10 AM in response to Phil0124

Thanks. Yeah, the remote is the silver one and the battery is good. It connects and the light blinks but I now believe it is the tv that is the problem. A Panasonic Pre-2018. I also can’t connect with the Apple TV via an iPhone 12 or 13, which does seem odd, it doesn’t find the device and most likely because the interface, the Panasonic TV doesn’t do what needs to be done. There are two icons on the tv screen. One is “computers” and the other is “settings”. It is the latter I need to get into to set up wifi etc but just cannot get onto it for move or money.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.