Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watching Apple TV

This morning (8 hours ago) I took out a family subscription to Apple One, which includes a subscription to Apple TV+. However, when I, or my daughter try to watch anything on Apple TV own any of our Apple devices, we are prompted to pay for the content. How do we get Apple TV to recognise our subscription?

Posted on May 13, 2022 7:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2022 8:36 AM

You can't buy any of the content on AppleTV+, Apple's original content service. So, it sounds as if your daughter may trying to watch content that is not included in AppleTV+.

What specific items is she trying to watch?

3 replies

May 14, 2022 8:17 AM in response to Mia's Dad

Apple One starts with a one month free trial for the services that you haven’t had a trial for yet. That means that it won’t include Apple TV+ for the first month, if you had enjoyed a trial for that before. In that case, you would need one month overlap (after which the surplus subscription will expire automatically) — or wait it out.

Apple One - Apple

* The Apple One free trial includes only services that you are not currently using through a free trial or a subscription. Plan automatically renews after trial until cancelled. Restrictions and other terms apply.

Watching Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.